HOW TO WRITE A CHECK
Below are words associated with check.
- Check Number: the number of the check listed in the top right-hand corner of each check.
- Drawer's Identity: the name and address of the owner of the account.
- Payee: the person, business or organization to whom the check is made out.
- Dollar Amount: the numerical amout of money for wich the check is written.
- Written Dollar Amount: the amount of money for which the check is written, spelled out in words.
- Drawer's Signature: the signature of the owner of the account.
- Memo: space to indicate the purpose for writing the check.
When writing a check it is vital that you record all the necessary information. It is important to record everyday check you write in your checkbook register. Using the information from the worksheet balance the checkbook by deducting each expenditure from the balance given. Determine how much money will remain in the account after all expenses have been deducted.